3.31.2008

03.27.08 Oscillate Wildly Playlist

I probably shouldn't tell people this, but today's show was not planned at all. I was consumed with midterm-cramming for the previous 24 hours and this set was done on the fly. I had a lot of fun, but flow definitely suffered a bit.






Oscillate Wildly
Playlist


Nouvelle Vague - Bela Lugosi's Dead
Billy Bragg - I Almost Killed You
Don Convalli - New Hollywood Babylon
Mobius Band - Hallie
Caribou - Yeti
Handsome Furs - Sing! Captain
The National - Mistaken for Strangers
Fire Engines - Jacqueline
Ruby Suns (by request) - Tane Mahuta
PWRFL Power - Tomato Song
Low - Belarus
John Vanderslice - June July
Destroyer - Dark Leaves From a Thread
Flat Duo Jets - Mary Ann
Ted Leo - Shake the Sheets


I don't usually care for Nouvelle Vague, but they definitely have some gems. Their best covers are ones you'd never expect (like Bela Lugosi's Dead, for example). So give 'em a chance.

Also, I've been really enjoying the new album from Billy Bragg called Mr. Love and Justice and this random album we received called Don Cavalli Cryland. I've been having trouble finding much of anything about Don Cavalli, so if you come across some more info please let me know.


No comments: