3.12.2008

03.11.08 Oscillate Wildly Playlist




Oscillate Wildly
Playlist: March 11, 2008



Deerhoof - Desaparecere

The Magnetic Fields - Drive On, Driver

The Magnetic Fields - I Wish I Had An Evil Twin

The Gothic Archies - We Are the Gothic Archies

Stephin Merritt - At Madam Plum's

The Future Bible Heroes - Blond Adonis

The 6ths - The Sailor in Love with the Sea

Fujiya & Miyagi - Reeboks in Heaven

Belle & Sebastian - A Space Boy Dream

Asobi Seksu - Strawberries

PWRFL Power - Tomato Song

Mumlers - Shake That Medication

Dodos - Walking

Je Suis France - That Don't Work That Well For Us

Junior Private Detective - Aftermath

Field Music - Sit Tight

Women and Children - Your Honor


On Tuesday I focused the first 20 minutes of my show on Stephin Merritt, most famous for his band The Magnetic Fields (I've already written, like, 8 billion posts about him and this blog is only a week old). I played tracks from his other projects: The 6ths, The Future Bible Heroes, The Gothic Archies, and a track from the album Showtunes which is recorded under his own name.

I gave the listeners plenty of relative, and possibly life-affirming, information like "Merritt plays the Greek bouzouki live," and "Daniel Handler (Lemony Snicket) plays the accordion on The Gothic Archies album, Tragic Treasury, and on The Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs."

I really enjoy doing shows with a theme or on a specific artist. If you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments.

Lastly, I'd like to share with you the lyrics to PWRFL Power's "Tomato Song." Kazutaka Nomura is a classically trained guitarist, but he writes ridiculous songs. Here is one example.


"Tomato Song"

If I smoke too much pot you'll call me a stoner

If hit too many lines you'll call me a cokehead

If I like you too much you'll call me a mental

I'll throw a tomato at you

I want to throw a tomato at you

Tomato juice all over your face

Juice dripping on the ground

When you are mean to me

I wish it was an apple not a tomato
And then it would hurt you
You would cry cause the apple is harder

But it's okay for now

Cause I like you

Cause I like you

If I smoke too much pot you will call me a stoner

If I hit too many lines you'll call me a cokehead

If I like you too much you'll call me a mental

But it's okay for now

Because I like you

No comments: