7.28.2008

Love, Mom

I absolutely love the blog Postcards From Yo Momma. It's not necessarily the content of the posts that remind me of my own mom, but it's the voice or feeling behind them that seem so familiar. All submissions are correspondence from moms sent via email, message board, instant messenger, or text. Here are a few of my favorites:

25 Cent PBR
25 cent pbr at the rhino club on sundays! Of course you probably dont want to frequent there but i thought of you when i saw it.

It's Hell To Get Old

FANX!!!!!!!! For fixing the disposal!!!!!! It’s hell to get old-I knew that the wrench thing was all it needed, but I would have had to bend down and put my reading glasses on and with shortterm memory, try to retain the concept of clockwise vs counterclockwise. You are my best girl.


Ask God About Your Sass Mouth
Stay home tonight baby. We don’t know enough about what’s going on at that party. And also pray about the attitude you have had today. Love, Mom


Tru Dat
Mom:
my bad, as they say.
Me: Tru dat, as they say.
Mom: That’s how I roll….I’m a ding dong.

It's Fishy

Mom:
FYI, Women of childbearing age should only eat Lake Erie fish once a
week or month (I forget which). Pregnant women - more stringent. Maybe not at all, I forget that too. We had Lake perch last week and then I saw the warning in the paper
Me: Does that include women of childbearing age who are not having children
at the moment?
Mom: YES. Just in case. Perhaps it stays in your body and will farm your
future embryos.

I Will Sit In The Dark And Wait For You

i would rather hang around w/you then go to the mtns and the times when you are doing something else, i will sit in the dark and wait for you to come back..mom

Here is my own contribution:
Call Me Sometime...
when you feel like talking for a while. i don't want to call if/when you are tired or busy or just hanging out. i'm home after 6:45 monday. thursday evening and friday evenings are good, too. or during the day if you are free (like, when is that, right?)
love you, mom

No comments: