5.17.2008

Movies You Should Read First

Here's a list from the Geeks of Doom of movies that are being adapted from books and coming out in 2008. The author recommends that you read the book before seeing the movie or at least read it eventually if you liked the movie. She also recommends additional books you might enjoy checking out.

A couple were obvious to me. I'm sure
Prince Caspian, the Harry Potter movie, and Wanted will only be enjoyed thoroughly be viewers who have already read the book or graphic novel.

This list turned me on to a couple of new books that I'd like to add to my summer reading list.
Chuck by Fight Club author, Chuck Palahniuk might be a fun read. And the descriptions of both Sex and the City, a series of essays by Candace Bushnell, and Midnight Meat Train, a thriller/horror novel (if the title didn't give that away), by Clive Barker intrigued me. I never really got into the show, but the Sex and the City book sounds much more interesting.

No comments: